Belly dancing lessons may be done in the privacy of the home or attending public classes at dance studios, school and college campuses, women’s organizations, and community centers.
There are online belly dancing courses, DVDs, videos, and television dance instructions. Much can be learned with these tools. However, as you become a more serious student of Middle Eastern dancing you will prefer to take formal classes conducted by a reputable instructor. As you review different types of belly dancing with these technical aides you will be able to narrow your list and know exactly what style is suited to your interest and abilities.
Classroom opportunities include:
1. Private Sessions in your home with electronic devices of DVDs, videos, and television programs or hire a private dance instructor.
2. Public classrooms for group instructions at schools, community centers, belly dancing schools, dance clubs, and other dance studios.
The advantage of taking belly dancing lessons in the home is being able to work at your pace, your time schedule, and the ability to explore different styles more economically. Taking classes in the public arena means driving to and from the location, taking lessons on their time schedule, and additional costs.
The best advantage of public classes is face to face meetings with both the teacher and other students. There is immediate access to answers to questions, corrections, critique, and the opportunity of gaining unscheduled knowledge, and in some instances being exposed to other styles of Middle Eastern dancing, and learning of other instructors.
Devoted belly dancers find themselves learning their craft with both in-home study and attending public instruction. This form of dance can become an addiction.
It is addictive because:
- It helps the dancer to accomplish her goals of weight loss
- Acquiring a physically fit body
- Establishing a mentally alert mind
- Gaining spiritual peace
- Acquiring an overall zest for living enthusiastically
- All of her personal goals and more are her rewards for her dedication
Benefits of Belly Dancing:
There are many benefits to learning this dance art form. Thousands of women worldwide are appreciating the health benefits of this Middle Eastern dance.
- Weight loss and maintenance
- Physically fit and healthy
- Mental alertness
- The spiritual joy of movement
- New career opportunities as teachers, performers, costume designers, jewelry makers, photographers, and more
- Self discovery
Be daring and try something new. Take belly dancing lessons. Learn why thousands of women worldwide are captivated by this art form for dance activity, physical fitness, and health benefits. Be part of the fun and happy crowd.